Yes, you read that right. Just two ingredients – Nutella and eggs – combine together to create this beautifully complex brownie. Crisp on top, moist on the bottom, its guaranteed to take you straight to chocolate heaven! If this isn’t alchemy, I don’t know what is!
Here’s what you need:
240 grams Nutella
And here’s what you do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 C.
- Grease and line a baking tin (4×4 or 8×8 work equally well)
- Crack your eggs into the bowl of your stand mixer or in a big bowl. With the whisk attachment, whip on highest speed for about 6-8 minutes. Your eggs should triple in quantity and take on a light yellow color. This is the key to this dish – if it isn’t whisked enough, you’ll end up with an eggy chocolate flavored mess.
- While your eggs are beating, measure out the Nutella, put it in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for a total of 1 minute, stopping every 15 seconds to give it a good stir. You want your Nutella to be creamy and flowy.
- Once your eggs are done, start pouring in the Nutella 1-2 teaspoons at a time and keep beating at a low speed. (With a hand-mixer, add a little Nutella at a time and mix in between.)
- Once all your Nutella has been added and is thoroughly combined with the eggs, give it a stir with a rubber spatula, paying attention to the sides and bottom where the whisk may have missed.
- Pour into the prepared baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. The brownies are done when they start to pull away from the sides of the tin and a skewer comes out clean.
- Pull out of the oven and wait for the cake to cool completely before getting it out of the pan or cutting it, or they’ll fall apart easily.
- Eat! For a more decadent experience, sprinkle with powdered sugar, top with fresh fruit, and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Note: You can keep the brownies in an air tight container for up to a week – either outside or in the fridge depending on the weather.