Last Sunday, I got the Stylish Blog Award from my bloggie friend Reenie, and then, just as I was thinking of posting it on my blog and had the nomination list all ready, yesterday, my buddy Ann (who I was going to nominate, btw) nominated me too! So, that means I have myself two Stylish Blog Awards, making me doubly stylish!
To accept this award, I’m supposed to thank the person who awarded me – Reenie, Ann, you gals rock! Thank you! – share 7 things about myself and pass it on to some more stylish bloggers. There’s a number confusion here, ’cause one says 15, the other 7 – I guess I’m gonna bend the rules!
First up, 7 things you probably didn’t know about Modern Gypsy:
1) I’m generally a very happy-go-lucky person, which also means that at times when I NEED to take action, I don’t. At such times, my friends push me, yell at me and motivate me – and I love them for it!
2) I started out as a dog lover, but once I met the husband and realized his fear of dogs and love for cats, I became a cat lover myself. So now, I’m one of the few people who loves both dogs and cats.
3) I cry easily at the movies, in real life situations, though, it takes a lot to get me to shed those tears.
4) I LOVE comedy – but of the intelligent variety. Think The Birdcage.
5) I hate cooking, unless I’m trying out a new, exotic dish, like a Spanish Express Paella (recipe to come on the blog soon!).
6) My dream job would be one as a travel writer and photographer. I LOVE traveling, exploring different cities, cultures and cuisines, and clicking away like there’s no tomorrow. I’d love to be able to hold an exhibition combining photography and art. Some day, hopefully!
7) I’m fascinated with divination and the Tarot, and am learning how to read the cards.
Now, on to nominating the award to some of my fellow bloggers! I can’t nominate Reenie and Ann, since they both nominated me. So, I hereby nominate these great bloggers with the Stylish Blogger Award! Do hop over and say hi!
Jade at No Longer 25 writes about her favorite things: family, friends, food, travel and gardening.
Jacki at The Raven’s Spell chronicles the ever changing adventures of a stubborn, book-obsessed woman as she redefines her life, family, and self.
Adriana at La Dulce Vida, a bohemian mother of three that is inspired by all the beautiful things in life… Art, food, fashion,parenting, travel and culture.
Miranda at Mangoes and Chutney is someone I discovered while doing the 31 days to a better blog over at SITS. She offers new recipes, some Virgin Island knowledge, and a few cooking tidbits, all infused with a little humor.
I found Jennifer at Scraps of Life through her SITS feature day. Her blog is full of interesting, arty stuff that is sure to jump start your creativity!